One day this quote just popped into my head and these words couldn’t be more true. As a mother. As a wife. As a a professional businesswoman. As a human.
There are too many times where I set myself up for failure because I expect everything to be perfect. I’ve really been working on this and rather than being disappointed in myself when things aren’t exactly perfect, I try using those situations as teachable moments for personal growth.
Sometimes things turn out when they don’t go exactly right. That’s where my creative side shines. Many of my creations weren’t the initial intended result. I self taught myself painting, photography, sewing and web design all through a lot of trial and error. I knew that if I kept expecting things to be perfect, then I would give up out of frustration.
Now, I just need to try and incorporate this way of life as a wife and mother. There are times when I ball my eyes out because I think I’m a terrible mother or don’t deserve my (very) patient husband. I don’t like feeling like a failure to others and it’s a much harder pill to swallow when you can’t be “perfect” for your loved ones as opposed to a painting. It’s just important to understand that it’s human nature to make mistakes and accept that as long as you’re trying your absolute best, that’s good enough! I hope that you will enjoy this week’s free download!
Before you download this free desktop background, I do kindly ask you to read my usage policy:
- I do ask that if you use this, please return the love by sharing on Instagram (tag me @atprettyblog) and/or Pinterest for others to see and enjoy!
- This is for personal use only. Please no duplicating, copying or selling my original artwork.
- If sharing my design with others, please link back to this original post.
- Please do not publish link or file onto your blog without proper credit.
- To download, simply click on the link underneath the photo, right click on the photo that opens and save to your camera roll. From there, use your phone settings to make it your background.
Click here to open the high resolution file.